Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Watch out for that falling price! 3014 SW Iowa St.


This interesting little house (3014 SW Iowa St, RMLS #8039912) is now on the market for $255k, down from $335k. Why they didn't just go to $250k and catch the folks who are searching up to $250k is beyond me. But hey, if they had to drop the price 24%, they might not be so good at this whole pricing thing to begin with.

I also find it interesting that it's not a featured property on the listing agent's site. Are they embarrassed by it?

5 comments:

Mintaka said...

Wow that left the Zestimate ($366,000) in the dust. I wonder why a such a quick drop? It doesn't appear that they are in trouble with a bad mortgage.

Anonymous said...

This one has been on the market a LONG time -- at least since last winter when I started looking for Hillsdale property. Hillsdale has quite a few properties that haven't moved in the past several months. I keep waiting for prices to come down. Maybe this is the beginning.

PDX Outsider said...

Anon 11:29: Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I don't know this area, and they must have re-listed it to change the RMLS number at least once.

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting price drop, because it is now in line with Zillow's 10 year estimate (ie, take the 10 year history, and do a straight line projection from 98 to Jan 05).

Brie said...

I walked past this house today on my morning walk... it's down to $249,920. Man it's an ugly house!