Monday, November 9, 2009

Historic Autzen up for Sale - Down to $2.25M


We've been admiring this house ever since we moved to NE Portland and I'e wondered what the story was behind this house, and I recently learned it's the historic Autzen estate. I was surprised to run past it the other day and see it for sale. Apparently it's been on sale for a while.

Since 2003.


The house is stunning. Over 10,000 ft, 6 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms and 3 half bathrooms. And for you fellow car nuts out there, a 3 car garage (that's about the same size as our house). Of course, I'd hate to see the heating bill.

The Autzen's spared no expense on the house when it was built. There is an alcove for the grand piano, a full ballroom (that is now being used as a game room) and a lot of wood.

The current owners bought it for $895k, spent $500k restoring it, and put it on the market in 2003 for $2.95M. The somehow managed to miss the entire real estate boom, and the house still sits on the market at $2.25M.

6 comments:

Yalova Emlak said...

Ok but way u saleing. Yalova Emlak

Philippines properties for sale said...

I think it is a very beautiful home designing in this time and I am very impress to this design.

Paula M

condominium makati said...

The house and the garden are really beautiful, Is this still available?

Andy

properties philippines said...

This post was awesome and how I wish to have this kind of property someday. I love the garden for me it was soothing. Thanks.


Charles A

Joe Root said...

I don't cerebrate some of websites offer this typewrite of assemblage. www.estateblock.com

Jason Statham said...

No wonder why you get so many feedbacks Sarasota Real Estate